Dear Community Resident:
This fall, the Commack Coalition of Caring will host a community running event during Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week brings people together to raise awareness of the dangers of substance use and abuse and encourages prevention, early intervention, and treatment services. It is the largest, most visible prevention awareness campaign observed nationally in the United States.
The Commack Coalition of Caring 8th and FINAL Red Ribbon Week 5K Run/Walk To Prevent Substance Abuse will be held on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Now, more than ever, it is important for our community to come out and show support for a drug free community through this event! With the support of generous sponsors and local businesses, we have been able to provide educational programming for all members of our community about substance abuse.
As this event will take place on and around the Commack High School campus, it will be necessary to temporarily close some of the roads around Commack High School and the surrounding neighborhood. The race course is as follows:
- Start in front of CHS west on Scholar Lane to Townline Road
- North on Townline Road to Marshmallow Drive
- East on Marshmallow Drive to Carmel Road
- South on Carmel Road to Hayrick Lane
- Follow Hayrick Lane around until Scholar Lane
- Finish on Scholar Lane in front of CHS
Approximate times for road closures are:
- Scholar Lane, between Towline and Hayrick – 8:55 – 10:15 a.m.
- Townline Road, between Scholar Lane and Marshmallow Drive – 8:55 – 9:10 a.m.
- Marshmallow Drive, between Townline Road and Carmel Drive – 8:55 – 9:15 a.m.
- Carmel Drive and Hayrick Lane, between Marshmallow Drive and Scholar Lane – 8:55 -9:35 a.m.
- Hayrick Lane “loop” from Scholar Lane to Scholar Lane – 8:55 - 10:05 a.m.
While we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, we encourage the Commack Community to show the spirit and support that we are known for! Residents who would like to join the event can register online via our website at www.commackcoalition.com. Other residents are encouraged to show their support and spirit by lining the race route and cheering on the runners!
Thanks for your support!
The Commack Coalition of Caring Race Committee