The 7th annual CCC 5K Run/Walk is less than a week away and we want to remind the community of the road closures for this Saturday's race.
As the event will take place on and around the Commack High School campus, it will be necessary to temporarily close some of the roads around Commack High School and the surrounding neighborhood. The race course is as follows:
- Start in front of CHS west on Scholar Lane to Townline Road
- North on Townline Road to Marshmallow Drivep
- East on Marshmallow Drive to Carmel Road
- South on Carmel Road to Hayrick Lane
- Follow Hayrick Lane around until Scholar Lane
- Finish on Scholar Lane in front of CHS
Approximate times for the road closures are:
- Scholar Lane, between Townline and Hayrick - 8:55am-10:15am
- Townline Road, between Scholar Lane and Marshmallow Drive - 8:55am-9:10am
- Marshmallow Drive, between Townline Road and Carmel Drive - 8:55am-9:15am
- Carmel Drive and Hayrick Lane, between Marshmallow Drive and Scholar Lane - 8:55am-9:35am
- Hayrick Lane "loop" from Scholar Lane to Scholar Lane - 8:55am-10:05am
While we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, we encourage the Commack community to show the spirit and support that we are known for! It's still not to late to register. Go to www.elitefeats.com, to sign up. Other residents are encouraged to show their support and spirit by lining the race route and cheering on the runners!
If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact the Commack Coalition of Caring Race committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you plan ahead to avoid any issues the day of the event.